This Girl Can Walk/ Jog/ Cycle 2019
This Girl Can is a celebration of active women who are doing their thing no matter how well they do it, how they look or even how red their face gets. Active Newcastle want to help women overcome the fear of judgement that is stopping too many women and girls from joining in and leading active lives.
2019 sees the third year of the This Girl Can International Women’s Day event. We want to show how equality for women can transpose to being active in any way you choose.
Show your support and join us for the celebration of women being Active in Newcastle. Come and meet local women and girls who have started feeling that "they can" and help us celebrate local women getting active.
The event is taking place on March 7th 2019 with the theme nationally being #BalanceforBetter. In Newcastle, we will be bringing back the popular UV theme for our 2019 5k walk, jog or run with a new addition of a 1-mile option.
With that in mind, please hunt out your brightest clothes and pick up some glowsticks and UV paint and join us for a celebration of Newcastle women coming together in an event that embodies support and encouragement. Even if you don’t fancy taking part, just come along and soak up the atmosphere and cheer your friends and family on.
This is an event to celebrate women of all abilities, but all genders are welcome. Please encourage your allies and supporters to also take part or come along and cheer you on. Children are also welcome providing they can walk the 1 mile or 5k. The route is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchair users.
The event will start at 6.00 pm with a warm up and a welcome from Newcastle City Council. Please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to ensure the event starts promptly. Partners will be showcasing and handing out information around their women’s offer in Newcastle so please visit the marquee to find a selection of activities available across the city.
We look forward to seeing you on the 7th March 2019 -book your place here
Things to note:
- No bag drop is provided, you leave bags at your own risk
- Portaloos will be provided
- Wheelchair and pram access – 1-mile route is all on tarmac, elements of the 5k have loose gravel and maybe muddy depending on weather
- Dress appropriately for the weather and bring a head torch if you have one
- In our aim to try and reduce plastic waste, we won’t be supplying water in plastic bottles. Please bring along your own (full) water bottles if needed.
- Male Marshalls and staff members will be present
- No parking on site, nearest car parks are Claremont Road
- First aiders will be on route
- Dogs are welcome if they are on leads
Sign up to our TGC Newcastle Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ThisgirlcanNewcastle/